Sport Development Coordinator
Fédération Internationale de Teqball ◦ International Teqball Federation (FITEQ)
Established in April 2017, the Fédération Internationale de Teqball (FITEQ) is the governing body presiding over all matters relating to the sport of Teqball. With its offices based in Lausanne (SUI) and Budapest (HUN), the sport of Teqball has enjoyed strong growth over the last few years as a result of increasing athlete participation, a growing fanbase and the development of strategic partnerships.
Such progress can be demonstrated by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) when, in August 2018, its General Assembly unanimously recognised ‘Teqball’ as an official sport in the OCA sport programme.
Insofar as the event calendar is concerned, two editions of the Teqball World Cup have been held thus far. The inaugural World Cup was held in June 2017 (in Budapest) attracting the participation of 20 teams. In October 2018, 42 countries competed for the total prize pool USD $100,000 at the 2nd Teqball World Cup held in Reims (FRA) in-front of a capacity audience of 3000 spectators.
Set against these recent accomplishments, FITEQ seeks to continue to grow and develop Teqball globally by expanding its National Federation framework and its competition portfolio at a rapid pace. FITEQ is primed for action and is looking forward to an exciting future built on great optimism, great ambitions and great partnerships.
At FITEQ, a young, energetic team is waiting for you to join them.
The sport of Teqball
Teqball is a new and innovative sport unlike any other, which was first developed in 2012. Teqball involves two (2) to four (4) players returning a ball over a specially designed table (the “Teqball table”) restricted to stringent game rules. It is a unique sport that teaches players to react quickly to the ball’s movement and ensures skills are at the core of the game as no physical contact between the players or the table is permitted.
Teqball is the perfect tool for both professional and amateur sportspeople to develop their technical knowledge, concentration skills and endurance!
- Support the policy development, project management and administration in respect to the framework of the strategic plan of FITEQ
- Support the planning, management, coordination and delivery of the National Federation Development Programme
- Support and provide input for the upcoming sport development projects or any other activities
- Support the leadership and activities of the appointed sport development related committees of FITEQ
- Support the running EFOP tender project with assisting the project leader
- Take charge of ad-hoc projects and tasks given by the Sport Development Manager or the Sport Director
- Help and support the development of the culture within the Sport Team
- Create written content for Teqball (manuals, guidelines, technical materials, presentations)
- Represent Teqball at official events, tournaments, courses
- Manage and deliver internal communication between departments
Manage and deliver external communication with partners, stakeholders
- High-level English language skills additional language skills are a plus
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point etc)
- A knowledge of, and passion for, sport and its impact on society and the community
- Values with the ability to inspire colleagues and be a true ambassador for Teqball
- Knowledge of international sport, sporting federations and the project management operations
- Accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a long‐term view
- Ability to work in team and navigate within a small, growing structure
- Proven track record in managing projects; including budget and risk management
- Demonstrable success in project management, administration and meeting deadlines
- Keen sense of priorities for efficient management of projects, processes and deliverables
- Ability to exert influence and work in a complex, flexible environment
- High ethical standards with the ability to prioritise the requirements of colleagues
- People management experience, strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
- Able to interact well, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong service orientation with collaboration across multiple projects