Application Specialist (Atlassian products)
Are you interested in working on a website that has 35 million unique visitors per day? Over 200 developers are working around the world (and clock) always ensuring that our service maintains its highest standard at all times. If you would like to join a diverse international team and work on interesting projects that challenge your knowledge and expertise, you’re the kind of person we want! Come and join us at our office in Budapest!
We are looking for an Application Specialist who will be helping maintaining, operating and enhancing our integral systems.
What you will be doing:
- Configuring, managing, and enhancing Jira and Confluence tools, including native functionality as well as researching, testing, and implementing plugins and other integrations.
- Propose system improvements, gather requirements which helps ensure the products are stable.
- Using Jira REST APIs, develop one-off solutions for integrations with other tools, automate manual processes, data migration routines and extract data for reporting and analytics purposes. Implement JIRA upgrades, and partner with our IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
- Automating and extending base Jira/Confluence functionality, including scripting.
- Collaborating in providing assistance in creation of new workflow and general usage of products plugins etc for our teams
- Ensure systems are stable and available and that user issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Gather requirements from users, propose solutions that meet business needs, and deliver agreed upon solutions
- Updating and maintaining documentation of Atlassian products for future reference.
- Propose system improvements, gather requirements to ensure up-time and stability of the products
- Work closely with server support teams for work involving problem determination and implementation of changes to hardware, software, applications or network systems.
Our main focus on what knowledge you possess:
- Java, Apache Tomcat, APIs
- Groovy Scripting
- Windows Server / Linux server administration
- JVM Tuning
- JQL knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of Agile (Scrum or Kanban) methodologies
Considered as advantages:
- Relevant Atlassian or other certifications are an extra
- Skills for creating simple custom plugins enhancing our current workflows
- Prior experience using and working with ScriptRunner
- Experience with Sonarqube
What we offer
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Complimentary Sportkartya
- Dynamic and friendly atmosphere
- Complimentary daily breakfast in the office
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and fresh fruit every day
- Complimentary guarded parking (cars, motorcycles, bikes)
- Fantastic events, including Christmas Parties, Family Days, Hackathons and other surprises
- Chill rooms, creative areas, and LAN parties
- Company branded merchandise (goodies)
- BBQ grill and sport events (Teqball, basketball, futsal)
- Opportunity to attend conferences, certifications, technical workshops, trainings, and meetups
- Free English language courses in the office
- Enthusiastic professionals to learn from
- Possibility to advance in the company